Medical Assistant / Medical Scribe
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work directly with physician and assist as needed.
- Review charts prior to appointments.
- Prepare patients to be seen by physician.
- Coordinate with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow, waiting room, and exam room experience.
- Assist with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care.
- Communicate patient concerns and needs to physician.
- Properly greet each patient with a professional and pleasant attitude.
- Experience and familiarity with prior authorizations and insurance requirements are highly desirable.
- Experience with Modernizing Medicine software is a plus, but not required.
- Effectively communicate with patients when they make inquiries, whether that be by phone or in person at the office.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure the office is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Understanding and adhering to all HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality and recordkeeping
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or equivalent courses in nursing or healthcare required.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and MUST be a legal resident of the United States.
- Previous experience in a medical practice required (3+ years highly desirable).
- Pleasant personality, respect, and patience are required.
- Maintain proper, courteous, and helpful telephone and in person etiquette.
- Organized, accountable, self-motivated, and attentive to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and accurately prioritize problems & initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Google, etc.).
- Ability to work some weekends and flexible hours during the week.